How He Loves
It is easy to forget that we are loved. After a heinous day, one can think, How can God possibly love me?
But God does adore us. We are His masterpiece; in His eyes we are precious.
Keep reading for reminders that we are loved.
What does the Bible say?
Arise, come my darling; my beautiful one, come with me.
Song of Songs 2:13
I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, and that my soul knows very well.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.
1 Corinthians 6:19
(I encourage you to write your answers down.)
- We know God loves us because He tells us so through His Word. Although knowing we are thought of through scripture, is not the only way God expresses His admiration. What are ways God shows His adoration of you?
- God displays His fondness for us is through His creation. I challenge you to notice His works today.
- Listen to the birds.
- Feel the softness of wool or a cat’s fur.
- See the gorgeous colors in the sky.
- Notice the joy on someone’s face when somebody flashes them a friendly smile.
- Stand in awe of the massive trees and mountains on earth.
- Hear and see the beautiful flow of scripture.
- I challenge you to share His affection for us with those around you.
- Hold the door open for a stranger.
- Write a letter to a friend or family member you haven’t seen in a while.
- Share a smile.
- Bake cookies or write a poem for a sick neighbor.
- Encourage a teammate.
- Read a book to a younger sibling.
When we complete the above challenges, we see how much He loves us, and we are filled with joy from spreading His adoration. John 15:12-15 declares, “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.”
Images via Pinterest