Human Beings, Not Human Doings
Have you ever the heard someone say that it is nice to just be and not have to do?
Afterall we are human beings, not human doings.
Sometimes we forget to be thankful for our King’s blessings that He has poured out on us. We fall into a spirit of only being thankful for our own doings.
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I believe it is a nice reminder to be thankful for the things God has blessed us with; remember to not focus our thanks on things only we (you and me) have done.
Below are some scriptures about thankfulness to encourage you and remind you of God’s awe and majesty this turkey season. The scriptures are reminders to BE thankful.
What does the Bible say?
Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
(I encourage you to write your answers down.)
- What are you thankful for this year, season, month, week, day, or even this moment?
- How can you be more thankful?
- How can you remember to be thankful for God’s blessings?
I challenge you to BE thankful. Simple enough, right? Below are some ideas that help me be more thankful because sometimes remembering to thank is harder than it sounds.
- Write down what you are thankful for in a journal
- Write down what you are thankful for and place that note in a place where you can be reminded of God’s greatness towards you (ex: work area, phone, etc.)
- Create a reminder on your phone to thank God
Just BE thankful. Remember: we are human beings, not human doings. “Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name; make known his deeds among the peoples!” (Psalm 105:1).
Images via Pinterest